Glaucoma Associates of Texas is dedicated to pushing-the-envelope of glaucoma care and is enrolled in multiple clinical trials to achieve this goal. If you would like more information about enrolling in one of our glaucoma studies, please contact our Research Coordinators at 214-765-9720. They will be happy to answer any questions you may have.
Open Glaucoma Patient Studies – Enrollment Open
Title: Efficacy and Safety of Bimatoprost Sustained-Release (SR) in Patients With Open-angle Glaucoma or Ocular Hypertension
- Sponsor: Allergan
- Purpose: A phase 3 study to evaluate the efficacy and safety of bimatoprost sustained-release (SR) in patients with open-angle glaucoma or ocular hypertension. The study includes a 12-month treatment period with an 8-month extended follow-up.
- Sponsor: InnFocus Inc.
- Purpose: A phase 2 and 3 surgical study to assess the safety and effectiveness of the InnFocus MicroShunt when used to lower intraocular pressure (IOP) in subjects with primary open angle glaucoma where the IOP is not controlled when using maximum tolerated glaucoma medications.
Title: Double-masked Study of Netarsudil (AR-13324) Ophthalmic Solution in Subjects With Glaucoma or Ocular Hypertension
- Sponsor: Aerie Pharmaceuticals
- Purpose: A phase 3 study to evaluate ocular hypotensive efficacy and safety of Netarsudil (AR-13324) Ophthalmic Solution compared to Timolol Maleate Ophthalmic Solution
Open Studies – Enrollment Closed
Title: Safety & Effectiveness Study of the Hydrus Device for Lowering IOP in Glaucoma Patients Undergoing Cataract Surgery
- Sponsor: Ivantis, Inc.
- Purpose: A phase 3 study to evaluate the safety and efficacy of the Hydrus implant for lowering IOP in patients with primary open angle glaucoma undergoing cataract surgery.
Title: A Study to Assess Long-Term Safety of the Transcend CyPass Micro-Stent in Patients Completing the COMPASS Trial (COMPASS-XT)
- Sponsor: Transcend Medical, Inc.
- Purpose: This is an observational study involving patients who completed the COMPASS Trial, in which the Transcend Medical CyPass Micro-Stent was evaluated through 2 years postoperatively . In the COMPASS-XT study, clinical data will be collected on participating subjects for an additional 3 years.
- Sponsor: Bascom Palmer Eye Institute
- Purpose: The purpose of the Primary Tube Versus Trabeculectomy (PTVT) Study is to compare the long-term safety and efficacy of nonvalved tube shunt surgery to trabeculectomy with mitomycin C in eyes that have not had previous ocular surgery.
- Sponsor: AqueSys, Inc.
- Purpose: To establish the safety and performance of the AqueSys XEN 45 Glaucoma Implant in eyes with refractory glaucoma.
Title: Protein Analysis of Aqueous Humor
- Sponsor: Wilmer Eye Institute
- Purpose: To test the anterior chamber aqueous humor from patients with various forms of glaucoma
Closed Studies – Enrollment Closed
- Title: Safety and Efficacy of a New Ophthalmic Formulation of Bimatoprost in Patients With Open Angle Glaucoma and Ocular Hypertension
- Title: Study Assessing Safety and Efficacy of PG324 Ophthalmic Solution in Patients With Elevated Intraocular Pressure
- Title: SOLX Gold Shunt for Refractory Glaucoma
- Title: Three Month Efficacy/Safety Study With a 3-Month Safety Extension of Brinzolamide 1%/Brimonidine 0.2% vs. Brinzolamide 1% or Brimonidine 0.2%
- Title: Safety and Efficacy Study of Catioprost® (Unpreserved Latanoprost 0.005% Emulsion) Compared to Travatan Z® to Treat Glaucoma and Ocular Surface Disease
- Title: Macular Ganglion Cell Analysis (GCA) of the Cirrus HD-OCT in Glaucoma
- Title: Study of Travoprost Ophthalmic Solution, 0.004% Compared to Timolol (0.5% or 0.25%) in Pediatric Glaucoma Patients
- Title: Multicenter Post-Approval Study Of The Glaukos® iStent® Trabecular Micro-Bypass Stent System In Conjunction With Cataract Surgery
- Title: Comparative Study of the Safety and Effectiveness of Ologen Collagen Matrix Versus Mitomycin-C in Glaucoma Filtering Surgery